Saturday, May 26, 2007

LA Fluxco Show



This past weekend I was in LA for a group show at Fluxco Gallery. The show featured five artists from the west coast and five from the east coast and was pretty cool since it ended up that each artist shared a room with an artist from the opposite coast. I was in a room with an artist from LA named, Mike, who is responsible for the wooden extentsion cord reaching towards splat. It was a fun show and owner of the gallery, Ford, said that this was one of his favorite things that he has put together in the space. It should be open for a few more weeks (till mid June) so if you are gonna be in town email me and I'll put you in touch with Ford since it's by appointment only.

Enjoy the pics - there's Michael Eudy posing with Ford's golden words in the background (and then Michael's paintings in the shot above). I am also there with my friend Kabira who I have know since birth and who was my fabulous hostess for my time in LA. Then there are some gallery shots including some details of the architectural oddities that I really enjoyed responding to in the art. Letting the works creep out into and under the enviroment more that before....Pictured below is Joe's video again in another context - this time it was in a room with his drawings and then photos of buildings by another artist - the two cities coexisting together. It was cool to see Joe's work small kind of like a little painting at that scale.