Monday, December 22, 2008

The nursery has become my studio



So for those of you who may not know, Joe and I are expecting our first child to arrive this January. It's an exciting time which has pretty much transformed my studio practice from focused on me to focused on the baby (I am about a month from my due date). I figured I would post the nursery pics on my blog so you can see what I have been up to outside of the "studio".


So as the "nesting" instinct kicked in, I designed and made a mobile for my little one. A flock of birds which rest on yarn wrapped sticks and twirl through the air with the slightest provocation.

Joe and I also designed and executed a mural for the baby's room. A simple forest theme in greens, tans, and blues. We are now taking commissions for your kids' room as well...