Sunday, February 25, 2007

SwapMeet in Providence

At the start of February the Tyler Painting Grads were up in Providence to do a show called SwapMeet at the ISB Gallery. We got together with the RISD Painting Grads to organize a show of our work up there and then they are going to be bringing a show of thier work down here in March. I brought the piece "Kick It' to show and then when we arrived on site my fellow grad, Brett John Johnson pulled out a pink shower curtain that he used to keep his piece clean. Well needless to say I was really enamored of that pink plastic and so when my friend Erin challenged me to make a piece on site I begged Brett for the pink stuff. Armed with a pair of scissors and some white yarn that I had knotted on the way up I proceeded to make the piece on-site called "It's a Girl!" I hope you enjoy these little snap shots of the product of this "designer challenge".