Sunday, March 11, 2007

LaLa Land






Since this is my last official spring break and Joe and I are still recovering from not travelling all over europe this year, we decided to head for LA this past week. We flew away from Philadelphia just in time to escape the plunge from the 50s into the 20s and arrived in LA for the "nicest week in months" according to my friend Kabira who lives in Silver Lake. We utilized the sunny days with temps in the 70s to go around and see alot of art and some beautiful landscapes. Here are a few of my favorite moments - I loved the tagged palm trees at Venice beach.



I also really dug the faux wood grain at our hotel - it was silver and blue, a totally flashy LA kind of look. Anyhow we had a great time and now I am thinking of how tagged palm trees and flashy faux wood grain can translate into the work....time will tell. My show is in a month so now is the nose to the grindstone time.